Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Rick Rubin

Rick Rubin is one of my heroes. He co-founded Def Jam Records, and later Def American, which is now known as American Recordings. The list of musicians he worked with includes Slayer and Public Enemy -- real high-school favorites of mine!

For Christmas this year, I got the Rubin-produced Johnny Cash album Unchained. Spectacular! One of the tunes is Rowboat, which was originally sung by Beck.

And so, in the spirit of holiday sharing, I offer you mp3 versions of both Beck_Rowboat.mp3 and Cash_Rowboat.mp3! Check them out and let me know which one you think is the most rockin-ist.

The Beck version is off his Stereopathetic Soulmanure album. I became a Beck fan when I first heard Satan_Gave_Me_A_Taco.mp3. This song is absolutely amazing! Check it out!

1 comment:

Annabel Hine said...

I have that Johnny Cash album too-- I love his rendition of Rusty Cage. Nobody was cooler.