Thursday, October 26, 2006

Dusty Whittlesea

On Tuesday there was a NPR story about the online world Second Life. I went and checked it out, and by Wednesday I was totally sucked in.

Here is my alter ego, Dusty Whittlesea, at the coffee shop.

At any given time, there are something like ten thousand people logged in to Second Life that you can interact with. Tomorrow I might check out a concert--as far as I can tell it's an actual concert that is webcast through Second Life.

The time-sucking black hole of Sims is nothing compared to Second Life! If you'd like to join me, the software is free. Look me up and I'll show you where the coffee is. I'll do my best to remain available in the actual world as well.

2 comments:

Annabel Hine said...

Oh my god this looks like such nerdy fun! I'm Appalachienne Panhandle, but I haven't figured out how to do shit yet, like change out of my slut clothes.

Dave said...

Hey Annabel, you definitely need to figure out how to web cast a fiddle concert!

Glad to see that I'm not the only one to get sucked into Second Life. Even Rae tried it out, but unfortunately the software doesn't seem to play well with her computer.