Friday, March 23, 2007

Rating Scale

Okay, I need help figuring out my rating scale for golf books. I had settled on the four-star system (★), but apparently the required font is not installed on everyone's computer and some people are getting a question mark. I'm assuming that everyone can see the one-half symbol, ½ (holler if you can't). Let me know which of these you like best. Suggestions for alternative scales will also be accepted!

Stars:   ★ ★ ★ ★

Dots:   ● ● ● ●

Asterisks:   ∗ ∗ ∗ ∗

Golf scores:   albatross-eagle-birdie-par-bogey

Made-up scale:   inspirational-admirable-mediocre-dud

Academic scale:   A-B-C-D-F

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Avid Golf-Book Reader and Reviewer... These are all very interesting options for the rating of the books. I think I would go for the stars for simplicity. I think the golf score system is witty and creative but would have to be explained in order for it to make sense... also the anchors are a bit skewed (par would only be equal to a D according to the academic scale and 1 or 1.5 stars). When the rating is supplemented with the Q&A you provided in a previous post - you could really write your own book reviewing these books - just add a little summary and impressions and get it published - maybe you could even submit it to Golf Digest!