Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Apple Fest

This weekend was the big apple fest. It was really muddy there, but nonetheless we had apple dumplings, apple fritters, and apple cider. Rae got a caramel apple to take home, too. It was kinda like a state fair, but without the drunk people and has-been rock bands. And with more apples, of course.

There were many tents full of crafts. The average age of an apple-fest craft vendor is 75. We found a wood carver who sold me this orb. He was maybe 95. Cool orb, no?

2 comments:

Dave said...

It was too rainy and muddy and nasty for rides. Even the little kids weren't on the rides. Maybe next year. I like some rides, but a lot of them make me want to hurl up a big apple dumpling.

Dave said...

Oh yeah, the orb. He said it was for nuts. It came with four little saucers, apparently for serving individual nuts, or a small pile of nuts. I don't think I'll go with the nuts idea, since they will get covered in cooties.