Monday, February 19, 2007

St. Augustine

Greetings from St. Augustine! Okay, so maybe I'm a few weeks late posting about my trip to Florida, but better late than never. Here's a lovely picture of the Casa Monica hotel where I stayed (work picked up the bill). It's right across the street from Flagler College.

My first three days in Florida were spent cranking out data for our Powerpoint slides, and my last two days were spent outside in the not-freezing weather. I played a round of golf on Thursday, and did some sight seeing down by the ocean on Friday. There's a fort in St. Augustine called Castillo de San Marcos that dates back to 1672. Phallic symbols were apparently in vogue back then.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I would like to live someplace warmer, but I'm not really impressed with Florida. Everything I've seen in Florida is either

1) overly built/decorated to impress out-of-towners, which ends up looking tacky.

2) rundown in a slummy, dirty sort of way.

If I was picking a warm place to live, I'd have to go with Arizona.