Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rae Runs The Mountain Goat

In case you haven't heard, Rae ran the Mountain Goat on May 6th. Hurray for Rae!! The Mountain Goat is a ten-mile race that includes a few monster hills. Here she is pre-race, with her running partner Sarah. Congratulations Rae and Sarah!

Her official time was 1:44:19, which corresponds to a pace of 10:26 per mile. Very impressive!

The overall winner of the race was Alene Reta, who finished in 49:42, which corresponds to a shockingly fast pace of 4:58. As far as I know, that's like a full-out sprint for ten miles. The winner in Rae's division (women age 25-29) finished in 1:00:51. I think I could run that fast for about a quarter mile, maybe a half mile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must add that my husband was a super supporter... cheering me on throughout my training and on the day of the race!! You are wonderful!!