Tuesday, August 14, 2007

34 Years Young

As of August 3rd, I'm twice as old as a high school senior! My birthday was full of old-guy fun: 9 holes of golf in the morning with the lovely wife, a big ol' brunch at the Brewster Inn, and then 18 holes of golf in the afternoon at Green Lakes State Park (a great Robert Trent Jones course).

I got lots of good old-guy gifts, like new reading classes and also some prescription lenses for my Smith sunglasses (did you know you could do that? You can!). I also got a digital picture frame and the Discovery Channel's Planet Earth DVD set, both of which I absolutely needed but didn't even know existed.

I loaded a bunch of pictures onto the digital picture frame and set it up in my office at work. No more having to decide who gets to be on display, everyone gets their fifteen minutes of fame!

4 comments:

Annabel Hine said...

Happy belated birthday Dave! Brewster Inn...MMMMmmmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

Good posting with many informative links! You like to give the links.

Dave said...

Thanks Wifey! I am particularly proud of my link to "fifteen minutes of fame."

Dave said...

You're up there in an Asheville picture: you, me, Rae, and Ruth/Mom posing after dinner. Now that you mention it, I can probably do better. My initial focus was on the cats, of course.

By the way, Rae and I have watched a few of the Planet Earth shows. I think we watched "Pole to Pole" and "Mountains." There was some great footage of a mountain cat chasing a goat straight down the side of a mountain.